Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 20 September 2013

LOVE AT FIRST HEARING (PART 2)

LOVE AT FIRST HEARING (PART 2)

I'd been going to Karaoke at the local bar
For at least five years, maybe more
But I never encountered a potential star
With such presence and talent before
Other than her performance I could see not a thing
So focused did she have my eyes
Her talent, her beauty, her everything
Had struck me with such great surprise
She sang with great passion, genuine and true
Perfect timing and nuance, always on key
The lyrics sung heartfelt, optimistic but blue
And it seemed that she sang just to me
From her eyes and her smile, she emitted this light
The brightest light I'd ever seen
I surrendered my rights, my freedom that night
To serve her as knight serves his queen
With every note she sang, she possessed me more
Till there was no more left of me to give
Sans shield and sword, I walked through dangerous door
Without her how could I live
She looked over her shoulder and stared at me
Sending messages with her eyes
I knew that we were soon to be
But were these messages lies

Copyright: John Patrick Boutilier, Courtenay, BC, August 13 , 2013

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Back To Top