Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 20 September 2013

LOVE AT FIRST HEARING (PART 1)

LOVE AT FIRST HEARING (PART 1)

As soon as she walked upon the stage
She was all my eyes could see
I knew my life had turned a page
Something vital had changed in me
She smiled bright and apologized
For the way that she was dressed
I watched in silence, hypnotized
Her cute-ish manner so impressed
She was frail of frame, with dyed blond hair
And had almond shaped eyes, large and green
Her features were fine, her skin was fair
The most beautiful woman I'd seen
The music began, she started to sing
The Etta James' classic, "At Last"
Love at first hearing may sound a strange thing
But it happened to me and quite fast
With the voice of an angel, Heaven sent
She reached from the stage, stole my heart
Though knowing her motive such was not meant
Still with it I did willingly part
I watched in wonder, frozen in awe
Not understanding what had happened to me
Did I hear what I heard, did I see what I saw
What I thought, could it possibly be
In that instant of doubt, her eyes met mine
And I knew that when all's said and done
This perfect creature, this goddess divine
Her and I were meant to be one

Copyright: John Patrick Boutilier, Courtenay, BC, August 12, 2013

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Back To Top